Monday, March 31, 2014

(WEEK 32) Dos semanas grandes

I'll start with this week cause it's crazier, then last week. So I didn't almost get lost in Quito this tuime, but I travelled alone again. I called my new district leader from a cabina and I was told to go meet his companion who's waiting for me at the church offices. So I'm walking away with my extreamly heavy suitcases and by now I've walked for like 5-10 minutes alone in downtown Quito, and I realize I left my bag in the cabina with my money, scriptures, credit cards, and camera. Hahaha (Don't get mad at me mom) So I franticly speed walked back to the cabina and it wasn't there. So I asked the owner and he was holding it for me in the back... The biggest scare and relief in my life.

I'm a step-father now. I'm training Elder Risco. He's from Peru and has 7 weeks in the mission now. He's buff so I'll be just fine in my new sector that's dangerous at nights haha. Elder Acevedo is my new district leader. He's also from Peru and has 20 months in the mission. My sector and ward are called Comité del Pueblo. It has a sector of just appartments and another sector with a gigantic hill called Carmen Bajo. It's a monster to climb. In Quito the accent is very different. Honesty I prefer the accent of the coast and the Orient. Here they pronounce their rr's and ll's like a J sound. Rather than rr's like rolling your tounge and ll's like a Y sound. I'm finally out of the heat! Haha. The temp in Quito right now is probably about the same as Utah. My house as an awesome view. When it's not cloudly or hazy I can see almost all of my hugh sector, Panecillo hill, and the 3 snow-capped volcanos. It's the sweetest.

I have a crazy zone. I'm in the same zone as my MTC companion, Elder Guild. So when I met him again for the district/zone meeting we shared a lot of stories. After every district/zone meeting we play "Ninja Destruction" and my crazy zone gets way into it haha. Just like the weather is colder, so are the people when we contact haha. But the members here are solid. They know a lot about the gospel. I think in general the people here in Quito are just smarter than the people in my last two sectors hahaha But the food in the coast is LA MAMA! On Thursday we had an activity with the two wards that attend in our chappel, the ward of the DL and our ward. It was Jeopardy! And the wards got really into it! So were planning to do another one at the end of the change. We're also planning to have a movie nightnext Friday. We're going to watch 17 Miracles.

SURPIZE: My district leader, Elder Acevedo got emergency changes this morning and he's now a Zone leader in La Luz, in Quito. So I'm the new district leader hahaha. Crap, right? I'm already thinking of what I want to teach in the district meeting on Thursday. Wish me luck haha. I am enjoying my cell phone I have to admit. I was born in the Jungle under ZL´s and then I was in the coast with a DL. So I only had to suffer 1 week without a cell phone thus far in my mission. Pilas. Today we went to Quicentro, a giant mall in downtown Quito. We bowled two games and I broke my record. I got a 163. Happy day. We ate in the same mall and now I'll be writing until 5:00pm because Elder Santos has to pick up his new companion, Elder Gebs, who's coming from Esmeraldas. I'm also going to take the oppertunity to buy a bunch of gospel goodness in the distribution center there: The benefits of the 4 zones in Quito.

Alright, now let's rewind 2 weeks back... Orianas's baptism will be on the 12th cause she's been in Guayaquil for 2 weeks. So I won't get to see her baptism :( The good news is, I know she will be. We had 3 wedding dates so that families could get baptized. They'll be baptized in late April. I did a lot of divisions cause Elder Bustillo and Elder Gomez have been bouncing around two sector for weeks. Plus Elder Macalopu has had to go to Esmeradas several times for interviews. When I was in Esmeraldas a man tried to have a conversation with me in Engish but his English sucked beyond belief. He claimed he was fluent. I understood his spanish much better than his English. After that I walked for like 5 more minutes and another guy tried to do the same thing. I denied the fact that I spoke English and was gringo. He was like, "But what about your blue eyes?" and I told him they were fakes and I'm from Argentina haha. Dodged a bullet.
The other changes in my zone in Esmeraldas were: Elder Macalopu gets my old friend from Coca, Elder Wright. Elder Bustillo will train a new missionary. Hna. Cayama will go to Quito as a sister leader. And Hna. Smith wil get Hna. Gomez.

That's my two weeks. I apologize for the giant letter. Wish me luck as DL. Les quiero! Hasta pronto! Pilas!

No comments:

Post a Comment