Wednesday, March 19, 2014

¡Sorpresa! (WEEK 30) part 2

Yeah, so because of the zone conference yesterday(Which was a solid one) I only got about 20 minutes to write and no time to do laundry or buy stuff, so we were granted the 6 hours that we lost yesterday to have a little P-day today. There's not a ton to talk about since I wrote a little yesterday, but here I am!

The zone conference was powerful yesterday. We learned a lot of new things and reviewed old things. He focused a lot on obedience. Like I said, 9 missionaries were sent home for iniquity and obedience problems. So it was kinda sad. The way president Richardson talked about it was amazing cause he made you feel mad that they did what they did, but sad that they're gone. He also used a lot of scriptures and various talks from general authorities, including the one from Elder Holland that he gave to the Provo MTC in 2011 about feeding the Lord's sheep. Super powerful. 

Every Sunday night from now on in the church, we have a movie night! (Noche de cine). So last night we watched "Legacy" and "The Great Apostasy" from the D&C DVD's. And A TON of members and random people showed up. So startingtomorrow throughout the rest of the week, we are full of appointments! We also have the baptism of Oriana planed for this Saturday but she might go to Guayaquil soon like I said yesterday, so we might have to pospone the baptism for a week. We'll see... ¡Pero la Noche de Cine funcionó! la próxima semana vamos a ver: "La Obra y la Gloria"

Today I introduced the Chocolate Chip Cookie to Ecuador. What did you do today? I'm a chef. I gave some to my companion and he loved it but said he's never had it before. Something that just entered my mind is that we have changes in 5 days, and I have a feeling my companion is leaving and I'm going to have to probably train a new missionary now haha, bring it on. I'm expecting the whole zone to change a lot. There are several missionaries that have 3 changes already in the zone so they'll probably go. I can't wait to find out! I also gave a talk on Patience and overcoming trials in church on Sunday. I'm basically at the point now where talking about the gospel is just as easy in spanish as it is in english, now I just have to continue to work on my grammar and learn random words.

De nuevo, ¡les quiero! ¡Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment