Monday, June 1, 2015

(Remaining days: 71) First full week with my only begotten

Happy birthday mom!

My son now has more time in the mission field than the MTC so he's happy about that. We celebrated today by buying pizza in this place called Oskar's where the pizza is sold in giant portions for just $1.50. I find excuses to celebrate everything. Even when I was a zone leader we would buy a cake for the zone for any little thing that happened in the zone.

I don't know if it's just Ecuador or all of latin america, but here there are holidays for everything. Today is happy children's day. In the whole month of May is was basically hapy mother's month. Is was harder to proselyte because everyone was having BBQs or something. But we have had some luck with a couple of investigators. One is Silvio Torres. He's going to get baptized this June if all goes well. He already has friends in the church and has attended before. Vanesa Paredes is another personm that we're working with. She was a reference of some active members that are awesome in helping us wth everything. I'll be really happy if we baptize this month since we're opening a sector. My old ward had a baptism this last week too. We attended and took one of our investgators with us to see one. My old companion (Elder Smith) baptized but he forgot to bring his baptismal clothes so he had to borrow his latino companions. They we really short on him haha.

Yesterday I was super sick. I've seriously never had a migrain so bad in the mission. The good things is that the Lord is always encouraging me. I listened to a talk from Pres. Eyring not too long ago that explained that even when our body begs for rest we should always, "remember him". So even though my entire body was aching, we we able to have a day filled with appointments and success. IB-profin helped alot too haha. Now I feel fine again.

Today we went to Mojanda lake again. The other Elders in the district never have been before so I took them us there. Good times. It's super cold up there though. If I ever get the chance to come back to Ecuador I want to go up there again.

Creo que eso sería todo. Otra vez, gracias por todo. Estoy disfrutando mi misión y mi testimonio está creciendo rápidamente. ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment