Monday, December 29, 2014

(WEEK 69) The Christmas Letter

Hi family and friends! MERRY CHRISTMAS 2014! Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what to write... I haven't written for 9 days but I'm blank right now...

Quito has been crazy though! We had a zone activity today so we could spen Christmas Eve together as a zone. So we had to buy about $40 of food to make it the best. We were in line for like 30 minutes at least. I couldn't even walk through the store (Megamaxi). We were literally just running around there so we could get out of there as fast as we could. And so we others haha. We saw a couple of people tripping around haha. The first thing we bought was a giant ham haha. And as we were literally rnning around for the other stuff, I felt like I was in a football game running with the ball (ham). I made me feel good haha. But we finally got out of there alive and started the activity in the chappel. We played a ton of games (B-ball, 21, 3 on 3 soccer, signs) and we ate a ton of food too. Great way to start today. We ended super early though so everone could get to their sectors. Some live pretty far away.

On Saturday we also participated in a ward activity. It was a talent show haha. Another missionary has a videos of what we did but it was awesome. You guys can ask me tomorrow haha. And we just help and did a lot of side things to make it fun. We were the clowns of the ward. Plus a member has a band that is good enough that they play all around a couple of countries in South America. They came and played too. the lead guitarist had the same black starcaster guitar that I do. I really wanted to play it but I never got the chance haha. Awesome day though!

Other than that, we're just working super hard this week and now we have a ton of new investigators with baptismal dates. So we're pretty happy with that too. We also did divisions with the elders in Pusuquí (Middle of the World). And those were sweet. I got to know Elder Yañez more. The members in the ward are still doing great and we also have a couple of less-actives that are finally progressing now! All is well in El Condado.

Well, I can't believe how fast this year went by. I hope you all have a great Christmas and a lot of you who I'm writing to are also missionaries and bros. So I hope all of you will have an awesome experience talking with your families and that your Christmas is white wherever you are in the world! I memorized "The Living Christ" in Spanish in just 10 days and every time I share a part of it my testimony, it grows. I know that "He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New...He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead... He was arrested and condemned on spurious charges, convicted to satisfy a mob, and sentenced to die on Calvary’s cross. He gave His life to atone for the sins of all mankind... He will rule as King of Kings and reign as Lord of Lords, and every knee shall bend and every tongue shall speak in worship before Him... He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world." The church is true, Jesus is our savior. 

John 3:16, 3 Nephi 11:11, Isaiah 9:6-7.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment