Monday, April 20, 2015

(remaining days: 113)

I haven't felt this cold since winter of 2013 hahaha. It's really nothing compared to Utah's winter but because of the rain and wind that we've been having all week long, I gotta get used to it again. I'm going to die when I get back to Utah haha. But sometimes I really like the rain though. The only thing that really bothers me about the rain is that it's a lot harder to contact in the street and when we knock on door they don't want to let us in haha. But we're working hard. We look for solutions, not excuses.

On Tuesday we had a training that lasted from 10 am to 7pm.. Basically all day long. For the most part of the day, there were 3 other zones there with us too. We have great trainings from presidnet and a pretty sweet training from the assistants about inspired questions too. I got everyone excited to ask more inspired questions. The only bed thing about the training is that it was raining super hard for like 2 hours and I almost couldn't hear a thing haha. It was almost as bad as the jungle rain. But through the Spirit, we were al able to get the messages.

This week we did quite a few divisions as well. We worked with our district leader, Elder Richardson, and his new companion, Elder Vargas. I love doing interchanges with new missionaries just because they are so pure and innocent haha. One of the assistants stayed with us for a day and a night as well. And while my companion did the monthly meeting with the missiona dnstake presidnet, I was doing divisions with Hno. Guevara, a recent convert of the ward. I got to know a lot about other this week because of divisions.

Saturday we just contacted in a far away part of our sector and then waited for like 2 hours for an investigator of the other district leader to arrive. While we waited I contacted some local Otavaleños and we played soccer and basketball haha. They beat me in soccer, I won in basketball. Plus while we were waited there at the house of the investigator, his step parents casturated a pig. I've never seen that before. The squeeling almost made my ears bleed. But, while the others were doing divisions and working somewhere else, the investigator finally showed up and passed his interview. So it was worth the wait. Many people don't have phones here so it so hard to contact them.

The bishop took us this week to a lot of inactive members houses that are really far away. I learned yesterday that my sector is insanely huge. It goes out almost all the way to the coast and i techniqually have the providences in my sector (Pichncha, Imbabura, and Esmeraldas). Our ward, along with Rumiñahui, are in charge of all the Latinos within the Otavalo area, the rest of the wards have indiginous people. But it was great teaching with the bishop all day long as he took us around in his truck to rescue the lost sheep.

Today we went to Lake Mojanda, which is this beautiful lake that's in our sector but really high in altitude and about 10 miles away from the city but up a steep rocky road. We took a truck tazi to get up there. We were thinking about hiking to the peak of Fuya Fuya, where you can see all the way to Quito, but we didn't have time. We just hiked up about 1/3 way and took a lot of pictures. One of the missionaries was having a hard time with the elevation but we were cheering her on and we all made it up... Well, not to the top, but pretty high haha.

Chuta, esta carta fue aún más grande... De nada, o quizá disculpa, o no sé jaja... Estamos trabajando con muchas parte familias y nuevas familias que hemos contactado. No hemos visto mucho éxito con ellos hasta ahora, ¡pero seremos persistentes con ellos hasta que se bauticen todos! ¡Gracias por todo el apoyo que me dan cada uno de ustedes! Digo de nuevo que amo la misión. Espero que tengan todos una semana buenísima dondequiera que se encuentren.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment