Monday, January 13, 2014

Read this, it talks about a monkey in a diaper somewhere. (week 21)

Pres. Marco totally sang happy birthday to me while I was wearing a sumbrero. Gave me a cake with a firework candle. That put a smile on my face haha. Hna. Jenny did the same thing but bought a ckae that said, "Feliz CumpleaƱos E. Bolton" and she gave me these sweet blue and white shorts. The members love me, I swear haha. I also heard a Blick-182 song in the streets on my birthday which will never happen again here. So yes, my birthday was complete haha.

Elder Black left to Quito this week with everyone else in the zone except for Elder Sanchez and I. So we were commanded to hold down the Oriente for three days. We found a new familiy and commited someone to baptism for the 1st of February during those three days. Plus we visited like every less-active, recent convert, and investigator that I know. Eficaz, baby! I also taught my English class on Wednesday and a guy named Patrick Joseph showed up. He's an investigator from the other sector and his English is like almost perfect so I was hard to teach him haha. Also this rich guy that Piko Riko(Chicken fast food) pulled up by Elder Sanchez and I in his car and told us that he's seen the movie, "The Other Side of Heaven" and that he has a niece serving a mission in Argentina so he took us out to lunch there and he said whenever a lunch cancels on us, we can just go there and eat for free! We just need to tell the guy at the counter his name and that we're missionaries and the food is free! GLORY, GLORY, HALLELUJAH!! So yeah, I definatly had a good time with my Columbian buddy.

Everyone else came back on Thursday. Elder Murphy and Elder Sanchez spent that night with us. He told me millions of legendary mission stories that I've sworn to secrecy. It was good to have Elder Black back cause we always do work here together. We have found a ton of new investigators! The only problem is, they never go to church and they aren't good at keeping commitments haha. I wanna slap em'. However we still have Henry who should be baptized by Feb. 1st, I hope. And Lola(From familia Mera(The husband is a less-active)) should also be baptized on that date. Familia Espinosa is a new family from a referal from Hno. Alverado, His 8 year old kid sings in front of large crowds, like Michael Jackson from the Jackson 5 but Ecuadorian. Next week we shoudl really see the fruits of our efforts since it will be the first normal week of the change.

I had a talk on missionary work in church this Sunday and I felt it went pretty good! I was definatly easier than the first one. The first one I read a story and just explained a little bit of it. This time I just went up with two D&C scriptures and expounded on them for 8 minutes. I focused the talk on member involvement in missionary work. (Hint: Dame referencias, por favor! haha)

Side notes: I saw a guy chuck a mango up to a monkey and the monkey caught it and ran off with it, so that was cool. Our neighbors now own a dark grey monkey that wears a diaper. I got to touch it haha, that cool too. I read "The Day of Defense" in like 3 days cause it's dang interesting. It's basically the modern-day equivelent of Ammon cutting off the robbers arms. Hno. Alverado wants to take us to the Zoo on a P-day. It's like 45 minutes away but it has Anacondas, monkeys, boas, panthers, tucans, and other cool stuff. I don't know how we're goping to do it exactly but I really wanna go!

That's my week! I love all of you!

 If there's a random 12 year old kid that reads this on Facebook just by chance, yes, I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment