Sunday, July 19, 2015

(remaining days: 23) "Quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword"

This Thurswe had a training from our ZLs about the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion. And how we shoud use every "member present" in the Book. Now we walk everywhere with the Book of Mormon in our hand. I feel more the power of it as I testify of it's divinity to whatever person when I have it in my hand rather than in my bag. It's really has proved to be "sharper that a 2-egded sword." WE've had some pretty cool experiences.

I don't know why but every week for the last couple of weeks, we've had 1 crazy day, just 1, where we have like 8 lessons. Which I love. This week it was Saturday. That day we found a new family too (The Andrade family). We're now working with them and have another appointment with them today. We've also contacted a lot of referals and have found new investigators like that. Freddy Santana and Jorge Cortéz are a few. Jorge Cortéz is a divored man from Guayaquil that know more about the bible that any other man that I've ever taught. I was literally quoting scriptures that we commonly use haha. He had a hard time with Joseph Smith at first but then with the power of testimony and inspired questions, we won him over! Thanks Spirit!

This week we had a ward activity that we set up. I was the Tree of Life activity where you blindfold them and make them try to get to a certain part of the chappel by listening to the Spirit (I was the Spirit haha) or worldly voices. Then we had a few videos and games at the end. I went well, but it wasn't announced the Sunday before so now many people showed up. We're going to have another activity this week. This week we also helped the 1st counselor move to the other isde of our sector. And the young bishop move to the other side of his house haha. Service!

What else happened... The pope came to Ecuador and we here from Sunday to Tuesday I think so the work was a little different. The people that we taught that were not Catholic were actully more willing to here us haha so that was cool. But the people that were Catholic were just watching tv the whole 3 days. So it was double-sided. Here in Otavalo there are many people from many different religions. Sometimes it's like a mini "bible-belt". The cool thing is that there are many members of the church here too even though it's a small town (I think it's about the size of Cedar City... Maybe). Another name for it is Utavalo.

¡Gracias por todo el apoyo! Nos vemos pronto.

            Élder Bolton              
              Misión Ecuador Quito Norte
              2013 - 2015              
             Romans 1:16             




No comments:

Post a Comment