Monday, July 27, 2015

(Remaining days: 15) It's a Fight

I love the members here. The only bad thing about them is that they love my companion and I so much, that all they what to do is make me trunky by saying things about the states. It's a fight! But they're seriously willing to help us out in any way that they can. They buy us food, go with us on appointments, pay for taxis to take us somewhere. They're already starting to invite us to have "family home evenings" for next week. I can't bare it haha.

This week we had a lot of success with several different investigators and less-actives. We gave a couple tours of the chappel (And while we did it we found a spider the size of the palm of my hand in the baptismal font hahaha, oh Ecuador...) They turned out pretty well. Plus a lot of people that we could never get to church are starting to come now. We're still working on the attendnce though. But the good news is that it's making us better at finding the "iceburgs" in peoples lives and also helping us help them to find solutions.

In ward council we planned an activity that's called "Viaje a Mexico" I think that the activity "Trip to Hawaii" has been over-used so we're going to Mexico! We're going to have it on the 8th of August so I know that the members are going to do something for me. It's a fight!

What else happened... Today we went as a district to Cuicocha (Volcanic crater lake with and island in the middle) and it was sweet. We were really creative with the pictures too. I saw my step-son Elder Risco for the first time in 6 months. He's still the same haha. On Monday night, a member called a taxi to take us home but got impatient and called a 2nd one. They both arrived at the same time and the 2nd one was pretty mad haha... And as a service, I helped a family trap their chicken on the loose. I've never caught a chicken before. I probably looked like a child doing that haha but I do not care. Service is service!

¡Hasta ver!



















No comments:

Post a Comment