Saturday, May 10, 2014

(WEEK 37) Comité Mormón

'll start with the changes! Elder Gebs se fue :( But I'm super happy for him because he's going to Ofelia as a district leader, where he will do work! That's my baby Gebs... Elder Santos got Elder Williams in place of Elder Gebs. He's from the same group as Elder Gebs (About 6 months). Other than that, the district didn't change. Elder Ospina has been an assistant since I arrived in Ecuador and now he's my other Zone leader. So now it's Elder Meriles and Elder Ospina, so that should be pretty sweet. My MTC companion Elder Guild is now a district leader in Ofelia as well. Represent!

The Collaloma missionaries had the baptisms of David and Carlos Calderón. When I interviewed them a week ago I knew they were super prepared. They're not just baptisms, they're converts. We also helped out with a ward baptism the same day. The daughter of familia Lozada-Suin was baptized. I conducted the baptism and Elder Risco gave a talk. If all goes well Silvia and Martha should be baptized this next Saturday. But the happiest news of the week: Juan finally showed up to church! Finally!! Tours do work! Familia Pazmiño has been going through big family problems lately, so we visited them like 3 times this week. They're still not in the best shape but I think they're doing a lot better now. This week was the week of divisions too. I wasn't even in my sector that much this week. First i did them with La Bota, then Collaloma.

We had a mini zone conference on Thursday so I didn't have to train this week. Then we played dodgeball; Gringos vs. Latinos. Best 3/5 wins. And after it all, Gringos won in game five! It was one on one to finnish it too. Santana vs. Folsom (Father vs. Son). We used a ton of toilet paper rolls with a ton of tape for the balls. Super fun. During the meeting Elder Santana and Elder Folsom gave a talk on Pride. And it was sweet. Like slaps in the face for everyone, but the kind of slaps in the face that you enjoy. Like Elder Holland preisthood session talks. Our mission president really wanted my companion to get a haircut because it was getting out of control. So we both got haircuts. He kept telling me he was going to kill me hahaha. Oh, hijo mio, paz a tu alma...

Compré mucha comida hoy, entonces ahora, casi no tengo dinero para esta semana. Disculpa la mala pobreza ;)

I'll send a separate E-mail about Skype. Si estáis preparados; No temeréis. Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment